Pirapora do Bom Jesus - In Tupi Pira = fish and Pora = jumps (jumping fish) and refers to those that tried to ascend the stream to spawn. Pirapora belonged to Santana de Parnaíba, functioned as a resting stop on the way to mine gold Araçariguama. Some small families of caboclos lived there. In 1725, the image of Senhor Bom Jesus was found on the banks of the Tietê River, carved in wood in size, which is indeed the milestone in the development of Pirapora.
Tourist attractions: Tietê River, Dam Ponunduva, Morro do Capuava and Serra do Ivoturuna.