Ribeirão Grande - A watercourse that cuts the city in half gave the name of the locality. Town of Botucatu from March 1889 with the name of the Bom Jesus do Ribeirão Grande. In August 1910, the district was abolished and incorporated into the district of the Espírito Santo do Rio Pardo, still in Botucatu. Newly emancipated, Ribeirão Grande was Capão Bonito district until December 1991 when it was approved to become a municipality. The population of Capão Bonito developed from two nuclei: Freguesia Velha and Ribeirão das Cruzes, both belonging to the current area of the municipality of Ribeirão Grande.
Tourist attractions: State Park Intervales, Paraíso Farm, Ecolodge, big mansion and Christ the Redeemer.
Belongs to the Adventure e Leisure circuit.