São Bernardo do Campo - Its name is due to the farm where there was a chapel dedicated to the saint, around which the village emerged in 1717. The name Campo comes with the installation of the current city in January 1945 - born in Borda do Campo. In 1877, the Colonial Center of São Bernardo was installed. The presence of immigrants, mostly Italian, is predominant in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Became a municipality in 1889, whose installation took place in May 1890. The municipality hosted practically the whole territory what is today known as Greater ABC. The industrial trend of the "Villa" is logging and sawmills and develops next to the furniture industry of textiles. Santo André begins to shine, becoming in 1938 the county seat. The county name was changed to Santo André and São Bernardo becomes district. In 1944, there is the political and administrative empowerment of São Bernardo.
Tourist attractions: Route of the chicken with polenta, Caminho do Mar, Pico do Bonilha (hill), Billings, Research Center of Folklore, religious temples, History and Educational Museum and City Hall.