São José do Rio Pardo - Founded in 1865 the city owes its name to the saint and to Pardo River. At the end of the nineteenth century a settlement was formed in the territory of Casa Branca, which the ancients called Headwaters of Pardo River. Progress justified the creation in 1874 of São José do Rio Pardo village, attached to the municipality of Caconde. Attached again to the city of Casa Branca, it became a municipality in 1885, which was installed in the following year. Riopardenses, led by Republican politicians of the time, were the first to break ties with the monarchy, before the advent of the Republic. In addition to its Republican calling, another prominent historical fact is the hosting of Euclides da Cunha, where he wrote the book "Os Sertões".
Tourist attractions: Waterfall Nasser, São Pedro Island, Euclides da Cunha Dam, Pardo River, Museum Riopardense and Metal Bridge.