Amparo - It was built on the banks of the road leading to Ouro Fino and Pouso Alegre, a small chapel in honor of Nossa Senhora do Amparo. The first mass in the small town that would lead to Amparo was celebrated in such chapel in 1818. In 1829, a new chapel was ready. Since those early days, the village was known as the Chapel of Nossa Senhora do Amparo. When it became a ‘freguesia’, by provincial law of 1839, became known as Amparo or Freguesia do Amparo.
Tourist attractions: City tour, farms, Mundão of Trails, ranch Duas Cachoeiras, and Crafts House.
It belongs to the Paulista Waters Circuit.