Apiaí - The name derives from the Tupi, "Piá-Y", which means "flooded place, river of the boys, the male river, or river of men". In the mid-eighteenth century, it was founded the town of Santo Antônio das Minas. In 1770, it was elevated to the category of village with the new name of "Santo Antônio das Minas de Apiaí" In 1771, the council consisted of territories, which are now the counties of Riverside, Iporanga and part of Paraná. In 1937, Apiaí became a chomarc.
Tourist Attractions: Municipal Natural Park Morro do Ouro and State and Tourist Park Alto Ribeira - PETAR.
Belongs to two circuits: Caves of the Atlantic Forest and Adventure and Leisure.