Juquitiba - Its name means land of many waters. Juquitiba had its origin linked to an Indian village emerged in the sixteenth century, remaining outside the domestic economic cycles that characterized the political economy of the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries: the cycles of mules. In December 1907, the District of Peace was created in the city of Itapecerica da Serra, when the name was changed to "Juquitiba." It was after the construction of Highway Régis Bittencourt that the locality seeked its political and administrative emancipation, which occurred in 1964.
Tourist attractions: Rafting in Juquiá River, Dam Cachoeira do França and Park Viva.